Old Guys & Young Girls: I Hate You
What is the deal with girls and older men?
Now stay with me here…you’re in the early stages of just starting to date and get serious with a girl when the “ex-boyfriends” thing comes up. And you learn that she’s “really only dated older guys in the past” or her most recent ex was almost twice her age or that she “has just always had a thing for guys much older” than her. Well then, awesome.
But girls, women, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? I have the hardest time conceiving what woman in their right mind wants to date someone twice their age. When you’re 17, does that 35 yr old really beat out that twenty year old in terms of datability? The lolita factor just freaks me out no matter what the law allows. And when I try, and I do, to understand, it really comes down to trading your body for something you want and can’t get from someone your own age.
I know so, so many have already reblogged this and added their valuable two cents. And I do feel extremely late for the party. So late I might actually be stuck helping to clean. And I hate cleaning.
But so far most of the responses have to do with many social trends and why a young women might like a more mature man. Maybe he is more refined, or more cultured. Of course, a lot of the responses were just attacking you for commenting on the trend in a negative fashion, abusing the rights of millions of women to choose wrinkly but wealthy over fit but poor as shit.
But there is another explanation, biological in nature, and I wanted to look at my notes before trying my hand at describing it. Evolutionarily speaking, men are prone to spreading their seed around and having as many kids as possible. After all, we create millions of potential children a day. This is why men are more focused on physical features. Even though personality is important, a guy simply cannot have a relationship with a girl he does not find attractive. He specifically looks for healthy features to pass on to his offspring. Of course, explaining why older men like younger girls is not a real feat. However, the other side of the story may be.
Women, on the other hand, only produce about 400 potential children in their entire lifetime, and the process of rearing and nurturing them takes up so much time that biologically it is only reasonable to expect 5-6 kids, tops from a single women. Therefore, when a women looks for a mate, she looks for one that can provide the most protection and support for her children. And while the twenty-something might be more chiseled or can do more push-ups, his jobless situation and immature attitude spell disaster when it comes to supporting a family. Older gentlemen that have attained success and possible have experience with family are much more proven examples of providers and protectors. So when you ask why some women choose to pursue someone twice their age, the answer is that they are genuinely attracted to these men. Maybe for their money, maybe for their experience, but the feelings they have for them are real. Hope this helps.
And to those women that can’t stand the indignation that Knox has suggested: that some of you are gold-digging hussies. C’mon. Really?
34 Notes/ Hide
- motercalo3 likes this
- sexy-black-hat likes this
- audit-seo likes this
- ronenreblogs reblogged this from peterwknox
- peterwknox reblogged this from markyb and added:
- markyb reblogged this from peterwknox and added:
- ohgrowup reblogged this from peterwknox and added:
- slaughtered reblogged this from peterwknox and added:
- inothernews reblogged this from karion and added:
- cvxn reblogged this from karion and added:
- kiamatthews reblogged this from peterwknox and added:
- graybunny reblogged this from peterwknox and added:
- shorterexcerpts reblogged this from sarahchristine and added:
- sarahchristine reblogged this from shorterexcerpts and added:
- karion reblogged this from sarahchristine and added:
- nudawn reblogged this from peterwknox and added:
- rockuboff reblogged this from peterwknox and added:
- pink-squirrel reblogged this from peterwknox and added: